1. Establish a good working rapport with your Contractor.
2. Maintain open lines of communication with your contractor.
3. Understand the workings of your budget.
4. Try to quantify your extras before your contractor hires the subcontractors..
5. Clear all of your valuables and belongings from the work area to avoid
6. Do not criticize unfinished work.
7. Understand and prepare for your payment requirements so that
commitments can be maintained with suppliers.
8. Clear all access routes for ease and safety – it will save you
time and money.
9. Make all design choices as soon as possible to avoid delays and expedite the work.
10. Make all decisions with your contractor only to avoid miscommunications and confusion on the site.
For more info visit: The home Renovation Guide http://www.homerenovationguide.com